Oracle Think Tank is a clan taking the form of a corporation, dealing in the businesses of fortune telling and predicting events. They specialize in obtaining information, with an arsenal of fortune tellers and spellcasters backing that goal. A fan favorite, Misaki Tokura, represents OTT in the anime series!
Since the beginning of V-Era, Oracle Think Tank has retained its spot as one of the most powerful Protect clans. This deck excels at building up hand, and essentially stacks triggers using the “scrying” mechanic, or manipulating the top card(s) of your deck due to effects.
While many Protect clans aim to play very defensively, OTT has the ability to go slightly more aggressive, thanks to cards such as Imperial Daughter and Victorious Deer. They create pressure via additional criticals and power, creating a threatening endgame that other decks lack.
OTT also has multiple possible builds, with the current popular build using Tsukuyomi and her new support released in V-BT05. The build focuses on turbo-soul charging Grade 3s to produce large Deer turns and earlier Tsukuyomi activations.
Consistent thanks to grade 3 searchers
Tsukuyomi has a very powerful effect.
Victorious Deer is an incredibly strong finisher
Large hand size
Falls behind without Grade 3 units for re-riding
Slow early game
Tsukuyomi soul requirement is crippling against decks that are faster.
Deck out is a very real issue, and little in terms of recycling triggers back into deck.
Euryale + Deer combo isn't as reliable as you'd like.
Oracle Think Tank’s gameplay is fairly linear: draw a massive amount of cards, and make the most out of your trigger effects by manipulating the top cards of your deck. OTT’s early game is relatively slow, as the deck only ramps up when you hit your grade 3 rides. With the new ride chain, you'll always want to ride the Grade 1 Tsukuyomi first. Not hitting her means that the game will be far more difficult for you.
In fact, in most instances if you always mulligan 4 cards you only have about a 57% chance to see one or more copies of Crescent Moon, Tsukuyomi in your hand. This means that in about 43% of your games, you'll be missing your ride chain target from the get-go!
If you do manage to start the ride chain, you'll find that it's very easy to stay on it. Your goal is to guard early and make sure that you do not over-commit until you have access to Euryale, Tsukuyomi and Deer. I would advise not calling Rectangle Magus on your Grade 2 turn (unless you're missing pieces) and saving her for when you have an active Euryale.
Tsukuyomi OTT plays differently than the builds of the past. Rather than generating massive amounts of advantage on your first Grade 3 ride, OTT now focuses entirely on utilizing Euryale to soul charge Grade 3s for a turbo Victorious Deer. As such, you'll want to refrain from calling many of the units that generate you advantage or check the top of the deck until your first Grade 3 ride.
Not only will a lucky soul-charge net you an online Tsukuyomi, but it will also set up the possibility of a very early Deer.
Keep an eye on your counterblast, as you’ll be using at least one or more every turn. And with the power of Tsukuyomi it can be easy to heal but don't rely on just that to manage your counterblast, it’s a good idea to control the damage you take. In the early to mid-game taking more than one damage per turn can prove dangerous. While circumstances vary try your best to remain at low enough damage so that when the Accel decks go for their kill turn you have more chances for defensive triggers.
Once you’ve built up a few grade 3s in soul, you can start looking towards your win condition, Victorious Deer. Deer packs quite a punch, granting your entire board 10K power and allowing you to check the top seven cards of your deck, searching for up to two critical triggers to place on top, for the cost of soul blasting two grade 3s and discarding a card from hand. You’ll want to utilize Deer when your opponent is at four damage, since your attacks will be guaranteed to be lethal (granted that you see your crits).
Pairing Victorious Deer with other units creates an even more threatening turn. You do not have to utilize Tsukuyomi's skill every turn if you have a significant amount of knowledge about the cards in your deck. Sometimes just Deer is enough. Tsukuyomi's 2nd skill will pair well with Deer as you'll gain an additional 10,000 power across the front row for free.
Assigning criticals is also an important thought. If your opponent is at four damage and you find two crits, be sure to assess the number of cards in their hand to see where to assign power. Regardless, you’ll want to assign criticals to both of your rear guards, since they’ll become lethal, and therefore your opponent will have to guard them as well. If all else fails, don’t forget that your Deer skill is an ACT, so if you have the resources, you can do it again!